Emily J. Will, D-BFDE, CDE
Board Certified Document Examiner
P.O. Box 58552
Raleigh, NC 27658
- Board of Forensic Document Examiners in 2003.
The BFDE certification process is accredited by the Forensic Specialties Accreditation Board.
- National Association of Document Examiners in 1997.
- Certified Fraudulent Document Examiner by AllRegs Academy in 2008.
*Recertification for BFDE and NADE certifications every five years.
- Forensic Document Examination Testing Program - Collaborative Testing Services - Herndon, VA
- Handwriting Identification Proficiency- Forensic Expertise Profiling Laboratory at Latrobe University in Australia.
*Results available upon request.
Private practice for 28 years examining cases from North Carolina and 42 other states, as well as internationally. Accepted as an expert witness and testified in state civil and/or criminal courts in ten states, and in federal court; appointed by state and federal courts and internationally.
- Member and President of the Association of Forensic Document Examiners (AFDE).
- Member of the National Association of Document Examiners (NADE).
- Member of the International Graphonomics Society
- Director, Forensic Specialties Accreditation Board (FSAB)
- BS in Education - Syracuse University, 1969
- MA in Counseling - Syracuse University, 1970
- Studied 1 1/2 years (1985-86) as a private student of Mr. Felix Klein
- Seminars in Printing Process Identification and Image Analysis for Forensic Examiners at Rochester Inst. of Technology in 2001 and 2002.
- Fundamentals of Microscopy for Forensic Document Examiners at the McCrone Institute College of Microscopy - August 24, 2005
- Advanced Fraudulent Document Recognition, AllRegs Academy, August 21-23, 2008
- Continuing education through journals, workshops and seminars.
- Attended the AFDE 3-4 day Symposia in 2002-2014 and the NADE 3-4 day conferences in 1996-2014.
- In 1988, 1989, 1993, 1996, 1999 and 2003 attended the annual Scientific Sessions of the Questioned Document Section of the American Academy of Forensic Sciences and technical workshops in 2007, 2009, 2013 and 2014.
- Also attended the ASTM E30.02 subcommittee meeting in 2002-2008 and the IGS Biennial Conference in 2012.